Industrial Strength Marketing | December 2016
ISM is seeking a mid-level Marketing Strategist to join our fast-paced agency named one of Nashville’s “Best Places to Work” and one of Inc. 5000’s fastest-growing private companies in America. We’re growing, just moved into an all-new headquarters in Germantown, and bringing on a Marketing Strategist who will play a vital role in guiding account direction through research and the development of actionable insights. This role reports to our Account Director and has the opportunity to make a big impact and grow alongside ISM for years to come. Sound exciting? Up for the challenge? Read on.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing Strategist’s job description is simple: translate client, user, and marketplace needs into razor-sharp insights that guide an overarching account strategy. Your role will be diverse and ever changing as you craft a wide range of requirements, research, and inputs into an integrated marketing mix. More specifically, you will:
- Become an expert in your clients’ industry, business, products, and services and find creative and useful ways to educate the account and project teams.
- Inform ongoing strategic conversations with clients and distill insights and findings into briefs, user personas, wireframes, campaign strategy documents, and presentations that drive to actionable solutions.
- Conduct primary/secondary research and user interviews, then present findings to internal and external stakeholders (in short, you will become the expert on our clients, their customers, and their competitors).
- Partner with media planners to determine ideal advertising opportunities and media placement.
- Identify KPIs for each account and lead regular reporting cadence and structure.
- Stay on top of trends relevant to our industry and our client’s business to translate this information into new ideas, and to complement and amplify the work of our internal team.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans, new business pitches, and RFPs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 5-7 years experience at a marketing/advertising agency or brand as an Account or Marketing Strategist or similar role. Note: this is strategic marketing position and not an account/client management role where the focus is on relationship building.
- A love of research and high attention to detail.
- Creative thinking skills needed to help extract key insights and big ideas from data and analysis.
- Ability to thoughtfully and creatively communicate complicated ideas and findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of online lead generation, social media, email marketing, SEO, online advertising, content development, creative and branding, web UX, analytics, and integrated marketing.
- Proficiency in user experience design/strategy a plus.
- Experience working with B2B and/or industrial clients is a plus (but not required).
Founded in 2003, Industrial Strength Marketing is an integrated marketing solutions provider focused on the industrial sector. We exist to help B2Bs make marketing the strength of their business. Our total industrial marketing solution ranges from strategic agency of record engagements and turnkey inbound lead generation programs to website development, ecommerce, and integrated marketing campaigns that leverage marketing automation, business intelligence, omni-channel media, and award-winning design. Born industrial and raised digital, we excel at helping a wide range of enterprises, at varying stages of evolution, align business strategy with the marketing strategies that help them reach their growth and profitability objectives.
In both 2009 and 2013, ISM was named one of Nashville's “Best Places to Work” and in 2015 we were named to the Inc. 5000 list. We’re the perfect mix of small agency sensibilities with large agency resources. We promote a positive, family-friendly atmosphere with ample opportunity for growth and development.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer attractive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, and 401k matching. ISM team members also enjoy the countless benefits, perks, professional development opportunities, and fun associated with ISM’s “Operation Awesome” which includes:
- Life/work balance: work-at-home-days, happy birthdays off (paid), time off for life’s special moments, maternity/paternity perks, 10 paid holidays, and up to four (4) weeks of PTO depending on tenure.
- Wellness program: exercise or healthy living monthly reimbursement.
- Professional development: conference and certification fund, Read-4-Challenge to receive an iPad, company Amazon Kindle account, apprenticeship program, and more.
- Productivity and entrepreneurism: commission for bringing in new business, bonus on cost saving measures, funding for new ideas, and discretionary company-wide profit share.
- Seven Sabbatical: seven week paid “career break” after seven consecutive years of full-time employment.
- Charity: monthly contributions to causes and one paid volunteer service day annually.
- President’s Club: weekend flyaway trip and travel cash for annual team MVP (plus one!).
- Focus Fridays: breakfast plus afternoon out of the office to focus on making ISM the best place to work.
- Tools of the trade: MacBook, Apple display, iPad Mini, Bose noise-cancelling headphones, and swag.
Plus a whole lot of fun such as ISM’s own Culture Club, the occasional Moment of Delight, and more...
Ready to join our all-star cast? Visit marketstrong.com/careers. Selected applicants will be asked to complete a DISC personality profile. This role is based in Nashville, TN but we will relocate the right candidate.